With a 1–0 win, Seinäjoki jumped to the top of the Veikkausliiga. of Jeremiah Streng the goal in the 76th minute guaranteed SJK three points and at the same time ended KuPS’ six-game winning streak.
– Streng debuted in the league at the age of 16, and he has had a difficult and frustrating journey. I am really satisfied with how he has continued to work and come to this point, SJK head coach Joaquin Gomez was happy about the success of the 21-year-old forward’s early season.
KuPS had their own chance in the opening half, but Joona Vetelin the low penalty kick was too central, and the SJK keeper Ovie Ejehri managed to throw himself in front of the ball.
– All the pressure is now on SJK in the championship fight. It is a well-organized team that plays excellently in front of their own goal. This works for us because I don’t like the situation of being chased, KuPS pilot Jani Honkavaara turned the loss of first place into an asset.
Lahti’s promise opened its goal tap, AC Oulu rose to victory
FC Lahti’s 18-year-old Onni Hänninen scored the first goal of his career in the men’s domestic football league.
Hänninen’s hit in the 18th minute gave the home team a 1–0 lead against AC Oulu. The young striker’s potential has been known for a couple of years already, as Hänninen attended the Ferencvaros academy in Hungary, although he returned to his hometown last summer.
However, the people of Oulu won the series points when the substitute player Ashley Coffey equalized just over an hour into the game and ten minutes later Rasmus Karjalainen decided from the penalty spot.
– Our undefeated away record is warming. We still had warriors on the field after the break. Of course, the people of Lahti also got chances when we had to go into a three-player defense line in the chase, stressed the coach of AC Oulu Ricardo Duarte.
Tommi Jyry passed three, Darren Smith scored two
FC Inter from Turku scored the most goals on Friday, although their low ranking was due to the small number of matches. Valkeakoski’s Haka had to concede three goals, and each of them was assisted by an Inter midfielder Tommi Jyry.
Forward of FC Inter Darren Smith scored the 1–0 and 2–0 goals into Haka’s net and has now produced five complete hits in six games.
– Good scoring positions were created for me again, from which it was easy to shoot goals. We have really good chemistry at the top Petteri Forsellin with, and captain Jyry’s brilliant passes brought a great result, rejoiced Smith.
A joyful visit to KTP in Tapiola
Honga’s goal streak continued, the promotion KTP took the points with a 1–0 victory. The cream of Espoo remained scoreless, although there were chances. The guests Willis Alves Furtado on the other hand immediately used his second seam with a handsome header.
– We got the opening goal, its significance became big. In the defensive end, today we had quite a lot of players who knew which part of the body was in the way of the ball, KTP’s captain Lassi Nurmos weigh in.
Honga’s attacks were structured and later organized diligently Roman Eremenkobut Rasmus Leislahti was unmissable.
In his ten games at the beginning of the season, Honka has now been kept scoreless six times, at home even Four out of five.
– It’s hard to know or understand and I can’t find a reason why we don’t succeed in scoring. Last time we managed even from bad places, Hongan Lucas Kaufmann surprised STT.
Ilves Haarala thanked VPS for taking a nap
Tampere Ilves immunized from one of its few high-quality goals, which it got on Friday evening in Vaasa’s Hietalahti. Vaasa Palloseura had no major problems with the ball in their own area, but then Prosper Ahiabun a small pass near the penalty area Yevgeny Bashkirov failed.
Bashkirov didn’t get hold of the ball, and Ilvesen Santeri Haarala dashed in between. He was able to shoot freely and surely placed the ball in the corner of the VPS goal in the 75th minute of the game. A little nap cost VPS dearly again.
Haarala scored his second goal of the season, which again came in an important place. With Haarala’s previous goal, Ilves beat KTP with a score of 1–0. Oiva Jukkola completed the Tampere team’s second goal in the 88th minute.
During the early season, VPS has had challenges getting the ball into the net, especially in their home games, although the team has been able to create chances. VPS has played five home games, of which it has been scoreless in four.
The betting league round
FC Honka – KTP 0–1 (0-1)
0–1 Alves Furtad 31
FC Lahti – AC Oulu 1–2 (1-0)
1–0 Hänninen 18.
1-1 Coffey 65.
1–2 Karelian rp 75.
VPS – Lynx 0–2 (0-0)
0–1 Haarala 75.
0–2 Jukkola 88.
FC Inter – FC Haka 3–0 (1-0)
1–0 Smith 21
2–0 Smith 53
3–0 Almen 63
SJK – KuPS 1–0 (0–0)