Updated 02.02 | Published 01.08
Save the article
Over 100 people have been detained after one of the so-called Easter coups in Sveaparken in Örebro on Good Friday last year.
But over a year and a half after the incident, the investigation is far from complete according to the police, who now want the public’s help to move forward.
“Now we need the public’s help in identifying around fifty people who are suspected of gross sabotage against blue light operations,” says Henrik Dahlström, head of command, in a press release.
The police have published pictures of a total of 51 people on their website and are asking for tips that can help them identify them.
“This is undeniably a committed work, both internally with us but also among citizens, what happened that day in Sveaparken was not only an attack on the police but also on our democracy. From that perspective, I hope and believe that there are many of us who help and identify those in the picture so that we can investigate and prosecute those who have committed crimes,” says Henrik Dahlström.
The investigation after the riot is described as extensive. Key to the total of 113 arrests already made has been the 700 hours of footage available from the scene, according to police.
FACTSBackground: The Easter Race
During the Easter weekend 2022, unrest arose in several locations as a result of Rasmus Paludan’s planned Koran burnings.
Paludan, party leader of the far-right Stram Kurs, visited – or planned to visit – Örebro, Linköping, Norrköping, Landskrona, Malmö and the Stockholm suburb of Rinkeby, which was followed by violent riots with vandalism and violence mainly directed at the police.
On Good Friday, Rasmus Paludan had been granted permission to organize a gathering in Örebro, but it could never be started and he himself was never in Sveaparken.