Ubisoft, a French game developer and publisher and one of the important actors in the video game world, announced that it will end its support for some games. The servers of a number of gaming groups, including the popular Assassin’s Creed, will be shutting down soon. Ubisoft is shutting down the servers of 10 games as of January 2024.
Ubisoft Will Shut Down 10 Game Servers in January 2024
Ubisoft, a game developer and publisher, is discontinuing support for some games that are available online and through many platforms. Among these games, there are still fans and players. Assassin’s Creed series, There are also productions such as Heroes of Might and Magic 6, Brotherhood, Revelations and Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
Ubisoft will stop supporting games He pointed out January 25, 2024 as the date. It seems that PC users will be the most affected by this decision; Because when we look at it, 6 of the games in question are games that can be played on the computer.
In addition, it should be noted that the games in question will continue to be played and listed. However, with the closure of the server and multiplayer support, users will not be able to link their Ubisoft accounts into the game. They will also not be able to benefit from existing online features. For the games that Ubisoft has removed support for, Ubisoft Connect Rewards Program will also be removed.
Games That Ubisoft Will Remove Support for
The games for which Ubisoft will shut down its servers as of January 2024 are as follows:
- Assassin’s Creed 2 (Xbox 360) — (It is an action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft in 2009.)
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (Mac) — (It is an action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal in 2010.)
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) — (It is a video game from the Assassin’s Creed series developed by Ubisoft for PlayStation Vita.)
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations (PC) — (It is the 4th major video game in the Assassin’s Creed series, developed and published by Ubisoft.)
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PC) — (Developed by Ubisoft for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. It is a third-person tactical shooter video game.)
- Heroes of Might and Magic 6 (PC) — (It is a strategy game developed by Black Hole Entertainment and published by Ubisoft.)
Latest game news You can take a look here.
- NCIS (PC) — (It is an adventure game developed by Ubisoft Shanghai.)
- Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360) — (It is a third-person shooter game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft.)
- RUSE (PC) — (It is a real-time strategy game.)
- Trials Evolution (PC) — (It is a racing video game developed for Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows.)
Why Is Ubisoft Cutting Its Support for Games?
It should be noted that the company’s decision to shut down the server in question is not the first time or surprising. Last year, Ubisoft again stopped supporting some games. Among these games; Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rayman Legends, Silent Hunter 5, Anno 2070, Space Junkies and ZombiU There were games like.
Even though the players who love the games in question and continue to play them do not like this decision Ubisoft They declared that they decided to shut down the server due to some technologies becoming outdated.