two departments kept on red alert for flooding

two departments kept on red alert for flooding

At the end of the day, Monday April 1, Yonne and Côte-d’Or were placed on red alert for the risk of major flooding. Eight departments are also placed on yellow alert.

At the end of the afternoon, Monday April 1, Yonne and Côte-d’or were kept on red alert due to a major flood in the Armançon. Vigicrue warns of a “direct and generalized threat to the safety of people and property”. Indre-et-Loire, maintained on “absolute vigilance” for 48 hours has just switched to storm vigilance, according to the latest Weather bulletin France, published at 3:56 p.m. This morning, a semblance of a return to normal was underway thanks to the recession of the Creuse. The prefecture announced at the end of the morning that “returning home is now possible in all sectors”. However, in Chinon (Indre-et-Loire), entire neighborhoods had to be urgently evacuated, relays TF1 info. Residents are waist-deep in water, and 370 of them have had to leave their homes since last night.

In addition to Indre-et-Loire, seven other departments were kept on orange alert on Monday evening: Saône-et-Loire, Charente-Maritime, Charente, Gironde, Dordogne, Bouches-du-Rhône and Gard.

Furthermore, “the avalanche activity of the night will gradually fade in the morning on the massifs of Mercantour and Haut-Var/Haut-Verdon with the end of the precipitation. Precipitation decreases this Monday morning. We recorded more than 100 mm of precipitation during the episode for the Mercantour and Haut-Var/Haut-Verdon massifs. Avalanches have been reported on certain road access points in the Alpes-Maritimes, including the access road to Isola 2000,” specifies Météo France this morning.

A kayaker still in demand

According to France 3 And the Popular of the Center, a kayaker was seen in difficulty on Saturday evening. Emergency services were alerted by witnesses around 4 p.m. yesterday in Aixe-sur-Vienne. After unsuccessful searches on ten kilometers of river, the device was lifted overnight and resumed on Sunday.

In the morning, the Haute-Vienne prefecture clarified that no one had reported the disappearance of this man and “none of the aforementioned witnesses saw the boat turn around”, reports TF1 info. However, the searches carried out by the gendarmerie continued this Monday morning, in an area now in decline and without particular vigilance. For the moment, searches “up to the border with Charente” by the gendarmerie, using a helicopter, remain in vain.