The price of cigarette packs increased again on May 1, 2023 in France. Camel, Marlboro, Lucky Strike, Winston, Vogue, Dunhill… Here is the table of new prices by brand.
THE tobacco cost more and more expensive In France. THE price of cigarette packs increased on May 1, 2023according the portal of the General Directorate of Customs and Indirect Taxes. A increase of between 10 cents and 40 cents per pack ! The objective is to achieve (or even exceed) 11 euros (for a package of 20 cigarettes) in 2024, can we read in the Bill of Funding of Social Security 2023. Moreover, some packages have already exceeded the 11 euro mark. These new prices are subject topublication in the Official Journal. Recall that the tobacco use (cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, rolling tobacco, etc.) is responsible for more than 75,000 deaths per year according to French Public Health. Maya Green Spirit, Camel, Marlboro, Lucky Strike, Winston, Vogue, Dunhill… Prices by brand.
Which cigarettes changed in price in May 2023?
On May 1, 2023, some packages increased in price. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the latest changes:
- Lucky Strike red, in 20 units, goes from 10.50 euros to 10.60 euros
- Blue Rothmans, in 20 units, goes from 10.50 euros to 10.60 euros
- Vogue L’Essentielle bleu, in 20 units, goes from 11 euros to 11.5 euros
- Red Winfield, in 20 units, goes from 10.50 euros to 10.60 euros
What is the price of a pack of cigarettes in France by brand?
Most packs of cigarettes cost ten euros. Since Emmanuel Macron’s first term in May 2017, the government has aimed to raise the average price of a pack of cigarettes to 10 euros, while he wasan average of 3 euros 20 years ago, according to the Tobacco info service site. This soaring price had encouraged some smokers to smoke less (or even quit). In Francethese are tobacco manufacturers (cigarette companies) who set the selling prices of their packs of cigarettes taking into account the evolution of taxes levied by the state (that represent about 80% of the price of a pack of cigarettes). They can pass on the increase in these taxes, which increases the price of the package, or reduce their margins in order to gain market share, which causes the selling price to stagnate or even drop. The prices are then approved jointly by the Ministry of Solidarity and Health and the Ministry of Action and Public Accounts. However, the government can encourage them to increase their price by raising taxes.
|Brand (pack of 20 cigarettes)||Surcharge||Price as of May 1, 2023|
|Dunhill Blue||+ 40 cents||11.50 euro|
|Marlboro Red||Without change||11.50 euro|
|Camel without filter||+ 40 cents||11 euros|
|Philip Morris Blue||Without change||11 euros|
|Lucky Strike Blue||+ 10 cents||10.60 euro|
|white blond Gauloises||+ 40 cents||11 euros|
|winfield red||+ 10 cents||10.60 euro|
|Winston Classic||+ 40 cents||11 euros|
→ See the full list of cigarette pack prices on the portal of the General Directorate of Customs and Indirect Taxes.
Which brand of cigarettes is the cheapest in France?
The prices of the brands are in a pocket handkerchief but according to the current prices published by the French Customs, the cheapest cigarettes in France are (for a pack of 20 cigarettes):
- Austin 1839 blue, in 20 units: 10.30 euros
- Austin U ribellu, in 20 units: 10.10 euros
- Elixyr Fresh, in 20 units: 10.10 euros
- Che Essential Fresh, in 20 units: 10.10 euros
- Mademoiselle Fresh, in 20 units: 10.10 euros
Which brand of cigarette is the most expensive in France?
According to the current prices published by French Customs, the cheapest cigarettes in France are (for a pack of 20 cigarettes):
- Virginia Gold Slims, in 20 units: 11.50 euros
- Marlboro Gold (rigid package), in 20 units: 11.50 euros
- Marlboro Red (rigid package), in 20 units: 11.50 euros
- American Spirit Blue, in 20 units: 11.50 euros
Which cigarettes were withdrawn from the market in 2023?
- Winston Connect Blue, in 20 units
- Winston Connect Blue 100’s, in 20 units
- Winston Connect XL Blue, in 25 units
- Winston Connect XL Red, in 25 units
- Winston Connect XXL Blue, in 30 units
- Heets Amber Selection (6.1g), in 20 units
When will the next tobacco price increases take place in France?
In theory, tobacco prices are reviewed twice a year : March 1 and September 1. Sometimes in January and May as is the case in 2023.