Those who see are surprised: 55 batteries came out of his anus and stomach!

Those who see are surprised 55 batteries came out of

55 batteries were removed from the anus and stomach of an unnamed 66-year-old woman living in Ireland, who went to the hospital with abdominal pain and stomach cramps. According to the report published in the Irish Medical Journal, the removed batteries miraculously did not block any of the gastrointestinal tracts of the woman. Many people who saw the report were stunned. Although it is not known why the woman swallowed 55 batteries, it is thought that she wanted to harm herself.

THEY THOUGHT BATTERIES WOULD COME NATURALLY

Doctors initially decided to wait, hoping it would naturally remove the batteries from his body. Despite removing five batteries in the first week, subsequent x-rays showed that most of them were still inside, and the woman began to have abdominal pain.

THEY CUT THE WOMAN’S BELLY AND REMOVE 46 BATTERIES

Screenshot 2022-09-21 115111

Surgeons successfully removed 46 batteries by dissecting his abdomen, after noticing that his bloated stomach was hanging above his pubic bone due to the weight of the batteries. But the surgery left four additional batteries stuck in the colon. To remove them, doctors milked his rectum and had them protrude through his anus, as the report explains.

THIS CASE REPRESENTS THE HIGHEST BATTERY NUMBER

Screenshot 2022-09-21 115122

“To our knowledge, this case represents the highest reported number of batteries consumed in a single time,” the journal article said. While the incident certainly caused some intriguing surprise, the report reminded readers that swallowing batteries is a serious, but “unusual” method of self-harm. Its authors noted that the action can cause serious problems, including “mucosal injury, perforation, and occlusion.” “The potential of cylindrical batteries to cause acute surgical emergencies should not be underestimated,” the report said.

mn-2-health