Released almost a year ago, the Playdate sparked huge interest when it was announced in 2019, so much so that the hand-cranked console was already sold out minutes after pre-orders open. If the pandemic and the shortage of components have seriously delayed the shipments of the first copies, early consumers have been able to take advantage of the machine and its super original concept throughout the year 2022. If the creatives at Panic do not forget not to keep the community alert, a big video “Update #3” freshly posted allows you to have news of this yellow chick console. First thing to know, the catalog will expand in the coming weeks and months, since 11 new games are planned in the catalog. As usual, the titles are as varied as they are original, with new concepts like this “Silent Movie Musical Game” called Direct Drive, which takes us back to 1927 in the midst of the music industry. We can also have fun with Grand Tour Legends, a cycling game with a camera fixed just behind the butt of the cyclist. There will also be a dungeon crawler, more narrative adventure games, but also a lot of puzzle games. The list of the 11 new titles is placed further down in the article.
But the other essential information of this Update n°3, it is especially the increase in the price of the Playdate, which passes from 179$ to 199$. , Cabel Sasser, the co-founder of the studio Panic justified himself by explaining that inflation had an impact on the materials and components and that he is therefore obliged to increase the price by $20 in order not to lose money. ‘money.
The list of 11 new Playdate games
– Direct Drivea silent musical play about being a trainee in the music industry in 1927, from DAC Vector
– Carve Jr. where you’ll hit the slopes like never before, from Chuhai Labs
– playmaker, with six playful creative spaces where you can paint, compose, build, record and dance, by Dustin Mierau
– Swap Machinea fast-paced puzzle game created in the Pulp game engine by NaOH & Zion D. Hill
– SKEWthe world’s 1st real-time 3D endless spinner, by Oiffy
– Grand Tour Legendsan epic cycle racing game from iorama studio
– The Botanistan interactive sci-fi adventure comic with a linear story, by Cadin Batrack
– Bloomthe real-time narrative social sim about starting a flower shop, RNG Party – now with a new post-game story, and more!
– Eyelanda bite-sized mystery adventure made in Pulp by Ron Lent
– Tapeworm Disco Puzzle, a grid-based puzzle game where you play as a tapeworm, the owner of the local nightclub; by Lowtek Games
– Down the Oubliettea dungeon crawler for fans of tower defense games, by Rebecca König
– A joke worth 0.99¢, now in the catalog with a NEW 0.1¢ joke! At kamibox
– Hidey Spota Pulp-directed little adventure about sneaking around in the middle of the night, by Neven Mrgan and us here at Panic
– Word Tripa light-hearted action word-building game by Shaun Inman, Matthew Grimm and Charlie Davis