Finnish women’s skaters Krista Tervo, Silja Kosonen and Suvi Koskinen stretched to a triple victory in the match against Sweden.
Urheilu follows the Sweden-Finland match in this article.
The vast majority of athletes rarely achieve top results in the season-ending Sweden-Finland track and field match. On Sunday, however, the women’s moukari race turned out to be tasty in a Finnish way.
On Saturday Tuomas Kaukolahti, Aaro Davidila and Simo Lipsanen had taken a triple victory in the triple jump as well Sanne Erkkola, Jatta-Mari Jääskeläinen and Anni-Linnea Alanen in the javelin throw.
Sunday began Heta Veikkolan, Venla Laihon and Anniina Kivimäki with a triple victory in the women’s 5,000 meter walk.
Finland’s moukari women were responsible for the fourth triple victory of the Finns in the national match: Krista Tervo threw 73.09, Silja Kosonen 72.98 and Suvi Koskinen 70.56.
– The most important thing was the triple win. For the first time, three Finnish women threw more than 70 meters in the same competition, Koskinen said.
The Finnish record holder in the long throw (74.40) Tervo was finally able to leave the competition venue with a smile on her face. He took the ball to his best readings of the season and marked the competition record for the Sweden-Finland track and field match.
73.09 is the kind of top throw that would have been used to get into the top eight at the World Championships held last week.
– It feels really good. This has been such a difficult season. I haven’t gotten the results I could have achieved in the games, Tervo told .
– During the summer, we have improved the technology. I had a good feeling at the World Championships, but I didn’t quite get a hit. It still wasn’t what we were looking for, but this is a good starting point for next season.
Tervo’s season has been difficult. Before this, Tervo’s season best was 71.86. At the World Championships, he failed to qualify with 68 meters.
– Yes, this was the final competition of the season, but you have to go and train for next season. I’m looking forward to training because the meters are coming. It’s nicer to end the season with this than with a throw of 67 meters.
Tervo said that he had received strong encouragement from Kosose before his victory.
– We flirted with each other. Just before my best throw, Silja shouted something quite loud. It gave me a feeling.
– I just shouted that I’m fucking Krista, Kosonen opened.
Kosonen has been doing some work lately, but was in surprisingly good shape.
– The fourth competition in a week and a half, Kosonen summed up the World Championship qualification, the final competition, the youth championships and the country match.