The accident happened just before lunch on county road 164 near Edsleskog.
– It is a passenger car that has collided head-on with a timber truck, says Christian Rådén.
Two people are involved, one of whom needs to be cut out of the car. The injury status of both people is unclear.
– It is a very serious accident, says Rådén.
There is currently a total standstill in both directions on the county road outside Åmål. The rescue chief believes it will be like this for another one to two hours.
– The work is difficult, he says.
The police have started an investigation but do not have the criminal suspicion clear at the moment.
– It is a serious accident. Both vehicles have been impounded, we are investigating drunk driving on one of the drivers, says Hans-Jörgen Ostler, police spokesperson.
The police also do not want to comment on the extent of the injuries to those involved.
– We have certain investigative technical measures left before we can go into the damage situation, says Hans-Jörgen Ostler.