MISS UNIVERSE. The Miss Universe pageant took place on Saturday January 14 in the United States. It was the American R’Bonney Gabriel who was elected Miss Universe 2023. The French Floriane Bascou was not selected in the top 16.
[Mis à jour le 15 janvier 2023 à 11h31] Miss USA becomes Miss Universe 2023! The 71st edition of the international beauty pageant took place on Saturday January 14 in New Orleans, USA. We had to stay up very late in order to be able to watch the event in France since, with the time difference, the competition only started at 2am, on the night of Saturday to Sunday, in France. And it is therefore R’Bonney Gabriel, the representative of the United States, who was crowned Miss Universe 2023. Floriane Bascou, first runner-up to Diane Leyre, miss France 2022, which represented France in the contest, was not selected in the top 16. 84 candidates from all over the world competed for the title of Miss Universe this Saturday.
It had been since 2012 that an American had not won the competition. R’Bonney Gabriel thus becomes the ninth representative of the United States to be elected Miss Universe. She won her place in the final against Amanda Dudamel, Miss Venezuela. It is Andreina Martinez, representative of the Dominican Republic, who is the second runner-up. Aged 28, the Texan R’Bonney Gabriel is a fashion designer, but also a model and a sewing teacher, as indicated by the site of Miss Universe. She is the first Filipino-American woman to win Miss USA.
It was Floriane Bascou, first runner-up to Diane Leyre in the Miss France 2022 contest, who represented France at Miss Universe 2023. Unfortunately, the one who was elected Miss Martinique in 2021 was not selected in the top 16 of the international beauty pageant. Why didn’t Diane Leyre represent France? Miss France 2022, who left her title to Indira Ampiot last December, explained in a press release last October that she could not participate in the event: “Unfortunately I will not be able to participate in the Miss Universe competition for lack of time and preparation a few weeks before my presentation of the title of Miss France, next December.” To see a French woman win the competition, you have to go back to 2016, when Iris Mittenaere was elected Miss Universe in the Philippines.
It is R’Bonney Gabriel, the representative of the United States, who was crowned Miss Universe 2023. The first runner-up is Amanda Dudamel, Miss Venezuela, and the second is Andreina Martinez, Miss Dominican Republic. Native of Houston, Texas, R’Bonney Gabriel is a fashion designer, model and sewing teacher, details the site of Miss Universe. “I teach sewing classes to women who have survived human trafficking and domestic violence. And I say this because it is so important to invest in others, to invest in our community and to use your unique talent to make a difference,” she said during the contest, according to comments reported by BFM TV. Born to a Filipino father and an American mother, R’Bonney Gabriel is the first Filipino-American woman to be crowned Miss USA.
- Miss Universe 2023 : R’Bonney Gabriel (Miss USA)
- First runner-up: Amanda Dudamel (Miss Venezuela)
- Second runner-up: Andreina Martinez (Miss Dominican Republic)
- Top 5: R’Bonney Gabriel (Miss USA), Amanda Dudamel (Miss Venezuela), Andreina Martinez (Miss Dominican Republic), Ashley Cariño (Miss Puerto Rico), Gabriëla Dos Santos (Miss Curacao)
- Top 16: R’Bonney Gabriel (Miss USA), Amanda Dudamel (Miss Venezuela), Andreina Martinez (Miss Dominican Republic), Ashley Cariño (Miss Puerto Rico), Gabriëla Dos Santos (Miss Curacao), Mideline Phelizor (Miss Haiti), Monique Riley ( Miss Australia), Payengxa Lor (Miss Laos), Ndavi Nokeri (Miss South Africa), Telma Madeira (Miss Portugal), Amelia Tu (Miss Canada), Alessia Rovegno (Miss Peru), Tya Jané Ramey (Miss Trinidad and Tobago), Divita Rai (Miss India), Alicia Faubel (Miss Spain), María Fernanda Aristizábal (Miss Colombia)