Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been widely praised after hanging up his boots.
Now he receives praise from Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf.
– He has a fantastic career behind him, says the king to TT.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic announced yesterday that his football career is ending. After the announcement, the tributes have replaced each other. Now the Swedish attacking star receives another tribute – from Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf.
– I have been there a couple of times and met him in different contexts and it has always been inspiring and interesting. He has a fantastic career behind him, he tells TT.
– There are many Swedes who have had wonderful experiences when they watched TV and had their hearts in their throats many times.
“Have a lot of power left”
The king also says that Zlatan Ibrahimovic has done a “great job” when it comes to inspiring young people.
– I hope he can continue to encourage young people to be sporty and take care of themselves and live a good life as he has been able to do thanks to this sport which he has developed in a nice way, he says.
What awaits next for Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still unclear. King Carl XVI Gustaf says that there is still great enthusiasm in the footballer.
– He is a very enthusiastic person, he has a lot of energy left, he says.