The World Cup is now launched for the France team. After Australia, the Blues will face Denmark, in a match that promises to be decisive for qualification in the round of 16.
- After Australia, the France team is now already focused on the second match of its World Cup in Qatar.
- In Group D, the Blues will face Denmark in a meeting that already appears decisive for qualification.
- The match, scheduled in Doha, will take place on Saturday November 26, 2022 at 5 p.m. (French time).
- The France team enters the World Cup this Tuesday, November 22, 2022: the Blues face Australia at 8 p.m.
- Follow all the news of the France team in this 2022 World Cup with the latest information on the compositions, group life, injuries etc…
After this first match against Australia, the France team will quickly switch to the rest of the World Cup. Now all eyes are on the next round: an already decisive match against Denmark, with a view to qualifying for the round of 16. The poster will take place on Saturday November 26, 2022 at 5 p.m. (French time).
For the France team, it will be a real test, which has lost its last two confrontations against Denmark, in June (1-2) and September 2022 (2-0), as part of the League of Nations. In 2018, in Russia, the two countries had already faced each other in the group stage of the World Cup. The draw (0-0) allowed the teams to finish the first round without incident, before starting the final table.
The numbers of each player of the France team were revealed on November 15, just one week before their entry into the competition, on November 22 against Australia. Captain and goalkeeper of the team, Hugo Lloris will wear the number 1. Note that the 9 was left to Olivier Giroud when Karim Benzema inherited the 19. Antoine Griezmann will wear the 7 and the 10 was offered to Kylian Mbappé.
The photo of the France team for the 2022 World Cup
The official photo of the France team was unveiled on November 15. Taken at Clairefontaine the day before their departure for Qatar, it was – something unprecedented – done indoors because of the weather.
As usual before each major competition, the jersey of the France team for the next World Cup was officially unveiled on September 15 by the equipment supplier Nike. The outfits do not present any big surprises and correspond to the “leaks” mentioned for several days.
The home jersey is sober with midnight blue and a gold logo, while the white breaks the codes a little more. “The French collection is a fusion of the heritage and the future of the country, writes the equipment manufacturer in its press release. The motif of the oak leaf and the olive branch of the home kit represents strength, solidarity and solidarity. peace. Classic French design elements include a tricolor insert on the shorts, jacquard sock and cuff, and gold detailing.
The draw for the 2022 World Cup therefore placed the French team in Pool D. The list of teams in this fourth group for this World Cup is therefore as follows:
The dates for the 2022 FIFA World Cup have been known for some time. It is from November 21 to December 18 that the football planet has an appointment in Qatar. The date of the first match for the French team in the competition, against Australia, intercontinental play-off, has been set for Tuesday November 22, 2022, at 8 p.m. France, the reigning world champions, will start against the same team as four years ago. And we hope that the Blues will have as much trouble overcoming the Australians as in June 2018 (2-1 after a rough match), if the key is the same success until the end of the competition. Denmark will follow on November 26, another old friend, then Tunisia on November 30:
- November 22 (8 p.m.): France – Australia
- November 26 (5 p.m.): France – Denmark, in Doha, stadium 974.
- November 30 (4 p.m.): Tunisia – France, in Al-Rayyan, stadium of the City of Education.
The Blues started preparation for the 2022 World Cup in March: a sluggish victory against Côte d’Ivoire and an offensive festival against South Africa before sinking in the League of Nations. Here are all the results of the French team this year:
- March 25, 2022: France – Ivory Coast: 2-1
- March 29, 2022: France – South Africa: 5-0
- June 3, 2022: France – Denmark: 1-2
- June 6, 2022: Croatia – France: 1-1
- June 10, 2022: Austria – France: 1-1
- June 13, 2022: France – Croatia: 0-1
Here is the ranking of the top scorer of the French football team with Thierry Henry still at the top of the hierarchy:
- Thierry Henry: 51 goals
- Olivier Giroud: 49 goals
- Antoine Griezmann: 42 goals
- Michel Platini: 41 goals
- David Trezeguet: 34 goals
- Karim Benzema: 33 goals
- Zinedine Zidane: 31 goals
- Just Fontaine: 30 goals
- Jean-Pierre Papin: 30 goals
- Youri Djorkaeff: 28 goals
- Kylian Mbappe: 26 goals