Published: Less than 10 min ago
10-year-old Ella died after falling from a school roof in Svedala.
Now her mother wants to thank those who tried to save the girl’s life.
At the same time, a criminal investigation is underway into what happened that night. A child under the age of 15 is suspected of causing the death of another.
– It is an incredibly tragic event and I hope it can be clarified that it was an accident, says Johanna Lindeblad, lawyer and legal representative of the suspect.
Shortly after 8 p.m. on Sunday evening, the emergency services received an alarm about a serious accident at the Church School in Svedala.
When they arrived, it turned out to be a 10-year-old girl who had fallen from the roof of the school. She was taken by ambulance to hospital but her life could not be saved.
Now the girl’s mother wants to thank the emergency services and others who arrived at the scene of the accident shortly after the fall. Everyone who tried to save the life of her 10-year-old daughter Ella.
The mother writes in an SMS to Aftonbladet:
“I would like to express my great gratitude to everyone who was at the scene of the accident and who did what they could to save the life of my beloved daughter. I know who you all are and I am thinking of you”.
Ella’s mother and father want Aftonbladet to publish a picture of her to honor her memory.
The mother says that Ella loved to take pictures and videos. She was the star of the family, writes the mother in a text message to Aftonbladet.
The mother has previously spoken about Ella to the newspaper Sydsvenskan.
“Our beloved wonderful daughter and sister, so smart and so funny. She always had some project going on, we miss her and something like this must not happen. ,” she wrote to the magazine, adding that:
“She was a wonderful girl who loved swimming, cycling and rollerblading, she is loved by many”
On Thursday, just over three days after the accident, many candles were still burning at the scene of the accident. The place was filled with flowers and many children had left a stuffed animal and a last greeting.
“See you in heaven”, said one greeting.
– It is so terrible. I saw the exclamation. I was sitting on my balcony listening to an audiobook when I saw how a group of people started to gather at the school, says Veronica Fredriksson.
Veronica Fredriksson lives next door to the Church School and saw parts of the rescue effort. First, a group of people gathered at a part of the school. Minutes later, she heard sirens from the ambulance and emergency services.
– It only took a few minutes before they arrived. They took the girl with them in the ambulance, says Veronica Fredriksson.
She understood that the girl was seriously injured. The following morning, she was told that she had not made it.
– I was moved to tears when I was told that she did not make it. It was hoped until the end that she would make it. I thought about the parents who would receive this message.
It was not the first time a child found himself on the roof of the Church School. There have been recurring problems in Svedala for many years. Which Aftonbladet told about earlier.
– I have seen children on the school roof before. And just a couple of days before I saw that there were some on the roof, says Veronica Fredriksson.
On Monday, the police drew up a report that a person is suspected of causing the death of another.
– What emerged during the police intervention led to a report being drawn up, says Pernilla Nilsson, prosecutor.
The suspect is a person under the age of 15, and due to the strict confidentiality of cases involving children, the prosecutor is tight-lipped about details.
– I can say that it is a suspicion of causing another’s death, says Pernilla Nilsson.
She has requested that the suspect get a legal representative and that lot fell on lawyer Johanna Lindeblad.
– I received the appointment today and have not been in contact with my client yet, says Johanna Lindeblad.
She confirms that it is a child who is a suspect and that social services are also involved in the matter. Johanna Lindeblad wants to point out that she feels both for her client’s situation and for the affected family who lost a daughter.
– Regardless of what has happened, it is an incredibly tragic event for everyone involved, she says and continues:
– I hope it can be clarified that it was an accident, she says.