Elina Berg from Vilhelmina, who has a phobia of birds, got a real shock when she was sitting in her office at the family grocery store and suddenly heard a bang. When she ran out of the store, she saw shards of glass, blood and feathers everywhere.
– I was about to place orders then this explosion came and I really didn’t understand what was wrong, says Elin.
It turned out to be a grouse that had flown into the shop, straight through the window.
– I’m also terrified of birds, so I just wanted to get out of here.
The plover, which is a very heavy and large hen, was so injured that Elin’s father chose to euthanize it.
In the player above: See the interview with Elina Berg and surveillance footage from the store.