What if we told you that it was possible to repair a broken nail without cutting it? Know that there is a very simple method to do at home and in just a few minutes.
A nail breaks and an entire manicure is ruined! When this happens, the first thing that comes to mind: cut everything so that the nails return to equal length. But that was before ! There is now a super simple way to give a second life to your broken nail. Enough to keep beautiful long nails foolproof. We’ll explain how.
How to repair a broken nail?
In addition to being unsightly, the broken nail can catch on your clothes or hair and make your life difficult. With this technique, there is no need to cut it, you just need to repair it temporarily with an everyday product that almost everyone already has in their closet: a tea bag. As it hardens, it will act like a bandage and hold the nail in place. And above all, no one will see anything! According to @marion_tutos_conseils’ TikTok video, all you need is a dry, unused tea bag, a pair of scissors, nail glue, a file, and clear polish. If you don’t have a tea bag at home, a handkerchief can perfectly replace it.
How to repair a nail with a tea bag?
To extend the life of your manicure, despite a broken nail, you must follow several steps:
- Remove the varnish from the broken nail.
- Cut off a small piece of the tea bag.
- Cover the crack with nail glue.
- Place the tea bag piece on the glue while it is still wet.
- Press gently and cut off the excess.
- Wait a few minutes for it to dry.
- File the contours and surface of the nail.
- Apply a coat of clear varnish.
- Finish the manicure as usual.