Death of Emile: the home of the hiker who found his skull was searched

Death of Emile the home of the hiker who found

The home of the hiker who found Emile’s skull was searched the day after her hearing which lasted nine hours. She says she didn’t expect it.

The hiker who found the skull of little Emile in Haut-Vernet told BFMTV in detail about the day of her discovery, Tuesday April 9. The home of this retiree was searched on March 31, the morning after the day when the little boy’s skull was handed over to the police. “The next day I didn’t expect it, search!”, she explains. Several electronic devices were recovered before being returned to him a week later.

A nine-hour hearing

This woman was never taken into police custody, but on the day of her discovery, she was questioned for nine hours. “Everything is going well, they are doing their job (…) I answer their questions and that’s it,” she says. Meanwhile, she goes to the hiking trail with law enforcement to close off access to the area and show the precise location where the bones were discovered.

On March 30, she decided to go out for a walk around noon, with a picnic, and in windy weather. Without a watch and without a cell phone because she defines herself as a “modern scholar”, she takes a path that is located below a slope that comes from Haut-Vernet. It was then that she came across the skull of Petit-Emile who, according to her, was in the middle of the path. She believes that we couldn’t miss it. “It’s white, very clean. There are only the top teeth,” she explains. “I could have left it but then, by the time I went back, it would no longer have been there (…) That’s why I picked it up, I know that days like that , if we wait, the mountain is no longer the same”, estimates the retiree aged around sixty. She therefore decides not to leave him there. Using two plastic bags, she managed to take it without touching it so as not to leave her DNA there. Once she arrived home, she called the police around 2 p.m. to inform them of this discovery. She arranges to meet them at the end of her street, for fear of the judgment of her neighbors.

The woman says she is upset by this event. “I am physically and mentally exhausted by all this,” she confides. She hopes that Emile’s parents will find “peace… May God give them peace”, she told BFMTV.