Blenheim man accused of assaulting two women

Man charged with domestic offenses

A 37-year-old Blenheim man is facing charges in connection to accusations he assaulted two women.

Chatham-Kent police responded to a disturbance on Flemingo Street in Blenheim just after 8 am Monday.

Police said the man was arguing with the women before he allegedly assaulted them by pushing one woman down some stairs and the other woman against a wall.

The altercation moved to a bedroom, where the accused allegedly threw an unhinged door at both women, police said.

No one sustained serious injuries as a result of the incident, police said.

The accused was located a short distance away, arrested and charged with two counts of assault and two counts of assault with a weapon, police said.

He was released with conditions and an Oct. 31 short date.

Man arrested after vehicle punched

A 26-year-old Chatham man is facing a mischief charge after Chatham-Kent police were called to a Prince Street South home just after 5:30 pm Monday.

Police said the accused was visiting a family member’s home where an argument took place.

The accused allegedly punched a vehicle owned by the relative, causing some damage, police said.

The man left and police were called, and the accused was found a short distance away, police said.

He was arrested and charged and later released with an Oct. 31 short date.

theft charge

A 33-year-old Walpole Island man was arrested after being accused of stealing items and eating some food he didn’t buy while in the Walmart store on St. Clair Street in Chatham.

Police were called just after 9 am Monday after security personnel allegedly saw the man concealing items and consuming products.

As police arrived, the accused was reportedly found leaving the store without paying for the items and was arrested.

He was charged with theft and possession of stolen property and released with an Oct. 27 court date.

Chatham-Kent police looking public’s assistance

Chatham-Kent police are seeking the public’s assistance with an investigation into a home break-in last month.

Police said a home on Regal Drive in Tilbury was entered through a basement window sometime between 11:30 am and 2 pm

Police said electronics and accessories, pool cues and a cue bag, a wallet and truck keys were removed from the home.

Anyone with information to assist with this investigation, is asked to contact Const. Nicole Kadour at [email protected] Anonymous calls can also be made to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

    Comments

    Postmedia is committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourages all readers to share their views on our articles. Comments may take up to an hour for moderation before appearing on the site. We ask you to keep your comments relevant and respectful. We have enabled email notifications—you will now receive an email if you receive a reply to your comment, there is an update to a comment thread you follow or if a user you follow comments. Visit our Community Guidelines for more information and details on how to adjust your E-mail settings.

    pso1