The incident unfolded when Nelin was entering a penalty round at the same time as Jacuqelin was exiting.
They both collided and fell to the ground. Nelin was penalized with a minute added which saw him finish 41st after initially entering 37th.
– It’s Nelin’s fault because Jacquelin has progressed further in the competition, says SVT Sports expert Björn Ferry.
Jesper Nelin was more or less sad afterwards.
– You become a little less. I clearly see him coming and I am sure he will continue in the round. I feel like he’s going to continue and all of a sudden he pulls out in front of me, says Nelin and continues:
– I know he has priority, but I think it’s calm and I go in with him. Then he swerves and there is a collision. Sure, it’s my fault, but it’s not fun. The hook came off the gun and I lost the magazine.
Afterwards he apologized.
– I apologized and tried to explain to him that I thought he was going into the round because it really looked like that. You get tired of getting extras for this kind of crap.
Jacquelin: “Is ok”
At least Jacquelin wasn’t particularly annoyed with the Swede.
– Sometimes we lose our skis a little and Nelin forgot to look a little to the left. He didn’t see me so we collided. But there is nothing more to say, that is what happens. Of course I was a little angry during the race but not now. It’s okay, says Jacquelin.