Gabriel Attal’s new government was finally announced this Thursday, February 8, 2024, at 8:30 p.m. After almost a month of waiting, few surprises were finally announced.
21:01 – Attal returns to the questioning of Nicole Belloubet’s right to blasphemy a few years earlier
“We may have taken positions in the past and evolved. We form a different opinion,” evaded the Prime Minister, before justifying the arrival of Nicole Belloubet to the government as new Minister of National Education: “She was rector for several years, she knows the Ministry of National Education very well. She is also a local elected official.”
“I want to pay tribute to the work of Amélie Oudéa-Castéra. For twenty months, she has been Minister of Sports and has organized the Olympics with great rigor and total commitment, praised by all those involved,” assured the Prime Minister. minister on the set of The Event of France 2. Recognizing that “there was a disturbance, a malaise”, Gabriel Attal felt that the important thing today “is that we can move forward for the school”. ‘The conditions were no longer together immediately”, he declared while Amélie Oudéa-Castéra will no longer be in charge of National Education in this new Attal government.
The reshuffle has been awaited for many days. It was finally announced this Thursday evening. On the set of the France 2 show The Eventthe Prime Minister, Gabriel Attal, defended himself, affirming that it had, in reality, “taken two days to [s]on government”, emphasizing that a first round of ministers had been announced two days after his arrival in Matignon. For the second part, this will, certainly, “take time”. In question, he pointed out, “perimeters to be defined”.
In its press release, the Élysée specified this Thursday evening that the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron “will bring together all the members of the government for a Council of
ministers” next week. The meeting is set for Wednesday February 14, 2024, 10 a.m.
20:45 – Here are the state secretaries of the Attal 2 government
Finally, here is the complete list of state secretaries in the government of Gabriel Attal:
- To the Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industrial and Digital Sovereignty: Ms Marina FERRARIin charge of Digital,
- To the Minister of the Interior and Overseas Territories and the Minister of Ecological Transition and Cohesion
territories: Ms Sabrina AGRESTI-ROUBACHEin charge of the City,
- To the Minister of the Interior and Overseas Territories: Ms Sabrina AGRESTI-ROUBACHEresponsible for Citizenship,
- To the Minister of the Armed Forces: Ms Patricia MIRALLÈSin charge of Veterans and Memory,
- To the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs: Ms Chrysoula ZACHAROPOULOUin charge of Development and International Partnerships,
- To the Minister of Ecological Transition and Territorial Cohesion: Mr. Hervé BERVILLEin charge of the Sea and Biodiversity.
The new delegate ministers of Gabriel Attal’s government are:
- To the Prime Minister:
Mrs Prisca THEVENOTin charge of Democratic Renewal, spokesperson for the Government,
Mrs Marie LEBECresponsible for Relations with Parliament,
Ms Aurore BERGÉresponsible for Equality between women and men and the fight against Discrimination.
- To the Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industrial and Digital Sovereignty:
Mr. Roland LESCUREin charge of Industry and Energy,
Ms Olivia GRÉGOIREin charge of Business, Tourism and Consumption,
Mr. Thomas CAZENAVEresponsible for Public Accounts.
- To the Minister of the Interior and Overseas Territories and the Minister of Ecological Transition and Territorial Cohesion: Ms Dominique FAUREin charge of Local Authorities and Rural Affairs.
- To the Minister of the Interior and Overseas Territories: Mrs Marie GUÉVENOUXresponsible for Overseas Territories.
- To the Minister of Labor, Health and Solidarity, the Minister of National Education and Youth and the Minister of Justice, Minister of Justice: Ms. Sarah EL HAÏRYresponsible for Children, Youth and Families.
- To the Minister of Labor, Health and Solidarity:
Ms. Fadila KHATTABIresponsible for the elderly and disabled people,
Mr. Frédéric VALLETOUXin charge of Health and Prevention.
- To the Minister of Agriculture and Food Sovereignty: Ms. Agnès PANNIER-RUNACHER.
- To the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs:
Mr. Franck RIESTERin charge of Foreign Trade, Attractiveness, Francophonie and French people abroad,
Mr. Jean-Noël BARROTresponsible for Europe.
- To the Minister of Ecological Transition and Territorial Cohesion:
Mr. Patrice VERGRIETEresponsible for Transport,
Mr. Guillaume KASBARIANresponsible for Housing.
Nicole Belloubet is therefore making her return to Education while Amélie Oudéa-Castéra remains in government and simply sees her ministry refocused on Sport. Here is the whole list:
- Mr Bruno LE MAIREMinister of the Economy, Finance and Industrial and Digital Sovereignty,
- Mr. Gérald DARMANINMinister of the Interior and Overseas Territories,
- Ms Catherine VAUTRINMinister of Labor, Health and Solidarity,
- Ms Nicole BELLOUBETMinister of National Education and Youth,
- Mr. Marc FESNEAUMinister of Agriculture and Food Sovereignty,
- mrs Rachida DATIMinister of Culture,
- Mr. Sébastien LECORNUMinister of the Armed Forces,
- Mr. Éric DUPOND-MORETTIKeeper of the Seals, Minister of Justice,
- Mr. Stéphane SÉJOURNÉMinister for Europe and Foreign Affairs,
- Mr. Christophe BÉCHUMinister of Ecological Transition and Territorial Cohesion,
- Mr. Stanislas GUERINIMinister of Transformation and Public Service,
- Ms. Amélie OUDÉA-CASTERAMinister of Sports and the Olympic and Paralympic Games,
- Ms Sylvie RETAILLEAUMinister of Higher Education and Research.
8:23 p.m. – Gabriel Attal on France 2 at 8:30 p.m.
Prime Minister Gabriel Attal has just announced on X that he will be on France 2 from 8:30 p.m. and not at 8:40 p.m., the official start of the program L’Événement.
The person who has been Secretary of State for the Sea since July 2022 could become Minister Delegate for the Sea and Biodiversity, thus taking over the position of Sarah El Haïry, who would therefore become Minister Delegate in charge of Children and Families.
The first quaestor of the National Assembly, Marie Guevenoux could therefore take Philippe Vigier’s place and become the new delegate minister for Overseas Territories.
A time in charge of Youth and the Universal National Service, then of Biodiversity, the young mother who had publicized her pregnancy resulting from medically assisted procreation with her partner last year should be entrusted, according to BFMTV, with the position Minister Delegate in charge of Children and Families
Guillaume Kasbarian could enter the government, announces BFMTV, which affirms that the Renaissance MP should be appointed Minister Delegate in charge of Housing. He would then replace Patrice Vergriete, former Minister Delegate to the Minister of Ecological Transition and Territorial Cohesion, responsible for Housing.
The one who was Minister Delegate in charge of Small and Medium Enterprises, Commerce, Crafts and Tourism just a month ago should a priori be entrusted with the post of Minister Delegate in charge of Business, Tourism and Consumption .
While the rumor of an imminent reshuffle is growing, the political journalist from franceinfo, Margaux Duguet, indicates on announcement of the reshuffle”, she specifies. And added: “Gabriel Attal will answer Caroline Roux’s questions, then participate in a debate on the theme: ‘How to repair France?'”
The Minister Delegate in charge of Local Authorities and Rural Affairs, Dominique Faure, should a priori remain in her post, BFMTV and TF1 say this Thursday evening.