Are you eligible for the inflation premium?

Are you eligible for the inflation premium

In order to thwart inflation, thirty-eight million people will receive compensation of 100 euros to cope with the soaring prices of energy and fuels. It concerns people of all status, including students, earning less than 2,000 euros per month. Allocated individually and automatically, this bonus is tax-free.

You will also be interested

[EN VIDÉO] Kézako: can biofuels replace gasoline?
Biofuels are an alternative to gasoline or diesel – produced from fossil fuels. They can be used effectively in vehicles with adapted engines while limiting pollution and the production of carbon dioxide. Unisciel and the University of Lille 1 tell us about it in this episode of Kézako.

In order to help the most modest households to cope with the increase in prices, in particular those of fuels, of electricity and gas, Prime Minister Jean Castex announced the payment of exceptional aid of 100 euros at the end of this year. This aid, ultimately preferred to the “fuel check”, will be paid automatically to anyone earning less than 2,000 euros net per month.

The inflation allowance concerns all French people who earn less than 2,000 euros net per month (before the withholding tax), or some 38 million people. This aid in the amount of 100 euros concerns employees, the self-employed, job seekers, retirees, recipients of Revenu Solidarité Active (RSA), apprentices and students (including scholarship holders), provided that the latter are fiscally independent from their parents. A scenario that would represent two thirds of students, according to Gabriel Attal, the spokesperson for the government, interviewed this Friday, October 22 on France 2.

It should also be noted that this “inflation compensation” will be made without distinction between motorists and users of another means of transport. It will also be collected on an individual basis, that is to say that a household with two salaries below 2,000 euros net will receive 200 euros in aid. Finally, the compensation will be tax-exempt.

The inflation compensation will be paid from next December. No steps need to be taken to be able to benefit from it. The assistance will first be paid to employees, by their employer, from December. For civil service employees, this will be done in January 2022. For the self-employed (aid paid by Urssaf), retirees (pension funds) and job seekers (Pôle emploi), the payment will be made in next february.

Note that an online tool allows you to compare the prices of different fuels in service stations near your home:

Interested in what you just read?