Apple has presented its new “mixed reality” glasses.
The technology, which can be controlled using the eyes and the voice, mixes the digital world with the real one.
– Some say that this is the most revolutionary product that Apple has released since 2014, says technology expert Evelina Galli to TV4 Nyheterna.
The technology giant Apple has on Monday announced its first new product series in nine years. During Monday’s international developer conference in California, the company presented new “mixed reality” glasses.
The glasses are controlled with the help of the eyes, hands and voice and mix the digital world with the real one. Among other things, users will be able to have video calls and watch movies in the glasses.
– Mixing digital content with the real world can unlock experiences we’ve never seen before, says CEO Tim Cook during the event, according to the AFP news agency.
“Star of the show”
Technology expert Evelina Galli is impressed by the new glasses, and calls the product the “star of the show” during the conference.
– Some say that this is the most revolutionary product that Apple has released since 2014, she tells TV4 Nyheterna.
Galli explains that the glasses are a first version of the “mixed reality” glasses.
Price tag: 38,000
– If this works as Apple says it should, it could absolutely be a game changer, she says.
The product, which goes by the name “Vision Pro”, has no Swedish price tag yet. In the US, it will cost 3,500 dollars (about 38,000 Swedish kronor) when it is launched early next year.
– It will be an exclusive gadget, of course, says Evelina Galli.