According to the county administrative board, the dogs were not properly rested and there was urine and faeces on the floor of the apartment to the extent that it stank of ammonia.
In addition, the dogs were dirty, had long claws and tartar and tooth loss.
Despite repeated checks and orders, the deficiencies were never rectified. The County Administrative Board therefore decided last autumn to dispose of the dogs.
Now, almost a year later, the man and woman are prohibited from taking care of animals.